Step 1: Download with Pre-Built Binaries
You must be registered to access the binaries download page. Go to How to Access Aspire , to check the Aspire Registration process.
Step 2: Start MongoDB
- If you haven't installed MongoDB, do it now: MongoDB - Installing and Configuring a Crawl Status Database
- Make sure your MongoDB server is running by executing:
> mongo MongoDB shell version: 4.0.4 connecting to: test >
If a "NETWORK Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017" error occurs, then it is not running.
Start it by executing:
Open a terminal and CD to your MongoDB installation folder and execute:
C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.0\bin> mongod
$ sudo service mongod start
Step 3: Edit the Aspire config/settings.xml File
- Go to the directory where you unpacked Aspire (such as "aspire-quick-start").
- Go to the configuration directory /config.
- Open the settings.xml file with a text or XML editor.
- Look for the clusterId tag.
You need to specify a cluster Id, we recommend to replace the dev in the settings.xml with your unique cluster id
Code Block language xml firstline 11 linenumbers true
<!-- By default all Aspire servers start in their own cluster. To make servers work together, set a common cluster id across multiple instances that are connected to a common zooKeeper instance and database provider (for example "dev" or "prod") --> <clusterId>dev</clusterId>
If you encounter Parsing Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog
This error is caused by the presence of a byte-order mark (BOM) at the start of your XML file. You can see the BOM using "od -c <filename>". Remove the BOM by copying and pasting the entire file contents to a new file in a text editor (since the BOM does not copy to the clipboard).
6. After you've entered your username and password, Save and close the file. Make sure you save it so it remains an .xml file!
You may also need to edit the settings if you are running MongoDB on a separate machine.
- If this is the case, Modify the following section and point to the server where you installed MongoDB. In this case, MongoDB is running in the host called mongodb-host:
Step 4: Start Aspire
First, make sure you have access to the internet so that Aspire can download components from our Maven repository.
To start Aspire, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal and cd to the bin/ directory inside the downloaded Aspire Distribution.
- Execute the startup script
OS X (this command must be executed from Aspire home directory)
If you are unable to start Aspire and an error occurs, try accessing a URL via the browser and logging in with your registered username/password. For example:
- Can you get to https://repository.searchtechnologies.com/artifactory/public/com/accenture/aspire/aspire-application/4.0/aspire-application-4.0.jar in a browser?
Enter the username/password that you entered inyour settings.xml file.
- Do you use a proxy?
If so, modify settings.xml to include information as described in “Proxy Settings” on the General Settings page.
Step 5: Launch the Aspire Content Source Manager
Step 6: Add a New Content Source
Step 8: Shut Down Aspire
Congratulations! You have completed the 20-minute quick start.
- To shut down Aspire, go to the Debug Console page (http://localhost:50505/aspire).
- Click Shutdown (the red button to the right of the server name).
Or, go to the Aspire console window (where you started Aspire with "bin\startup") and
- Type shutdown.
- Press Return or Enter.