Welcome to Aspire!
Aspire is both a framework and a complete end-to-end content ingestion and content processing system.
Aspire for Connectors and Content Processing
Typically, Aspire is used as an end-to-end system for acquiring content, processing it, and publishing it to be indexed by search engines:
All of this is can be done within a single Aspire node (running on a single JVM) or across a cluster of machines cooperatively working together.
- Built-in connectors to dozens of different data sources
- Scalable: Automatically distributes ingestion jobs across a cluster of nodes
- Elastic: Add and remove nodes at any time
- Resilient: Crawl state is carefully tracked at all points
- Jobs on failed nodes are automatically picked up by other nodes
- After a full system crash, crawling restarts from where it left off
- High Performance: Crawls are typically limited only by limitations on the source system
- Incremental: Automatically identifies incremental changes and processes only those changes
- The method for detecting incremental changes is based on what is provided by the underlying content storage technology.
- Built-in publishers to most commonly available search engines
- Including Solr, Elasticsearch, SharePoint, the GSA, and others
- Built-in components for many common content processing tasks
- Such as text extraction, OCR, field mapping, domain mapping, etc.
- Scripting for easy manipulation of metadata
- Fully understands document-level security
- Ingests ACLs for each content source
- Provides cached, high-performance group-expansion for each content source
- Create custom connectors and publishers
- Create custom pipelines and workflow controls
- Create custom components
- Ease of deployment
- Components and configurations are deployed through Maven
- Properties allow for anything to be parameterized (e.g. server destinations, file directory locations, etc)
- Content source configurations can be exported from any cluster and imported on another
Note that not all of Aspire is available from the freely-downloadable community version. Some components are only available for customers who purchase an enterprise license or a premium connector license. See Product Categories for more information.