To get started, you will need:
- Java - see Install Java JDK
- A computer with a connection to the internet
- Note: See Setting Aspire with No Internet Access (Offline) if this is not the case.
We also strongly recommend:
- Maven command-line - see Install Maven Command Line
Maven and the Aspire Distribution Archetype
We understand that it requires a little more effort (it requires the Maven command-line tool, and there are a couple of extra steps), however it has added flexibility including:
- The ability to build distributions for computers without an internet connection
- The ability to build multiple distributions for multiple environments (e.g. development, staging, QA, and production environments)
- The ability to bundle your applications
For complete instructions, see Quick Start with Distribution Archetype.
Upgrade to a Later Version
If you've chosen to upgrade to a later version, the instructions for changing your distribution to use it are here.