The Hadoop Distributed File system (HDFS) connector will crawl content from any given HDFS Cluster using the WebHDFS http interface.
Some of the features of the HDFS connector include:
- Performs incremental crawling (so that only new/updated documents are indexed)
- Metadata extraction
- Is search engine independent
- Runs from any machine with HTTP access to the given HDFS Namenode
- Filters the crawled documents by paths (including file names) using regex patterns
- Supports Kerberized Clusters by using a delegation token.
- Supports Archive file processing; for more information, visit Archive files processing
Only two operations are used by this connector:
- Used to fetch the file data to be used to extract its content.
- Used to scan a directory and get relevant file information like:
- Last-Modified dates for incremental crawls.
- Group and Owner