In the General tab in the Content Source Configuration window, specify basic information for the content source:
- Enter a content source name in the Name field.
- This is any useful name which you decide is a good name for the source. It will be displayed in the content source page, in error messages, etc.
- Click on the Scheduled pulldown list and select one of the following: Manually, Periodically, Daily, Weekly or Advanced.
- Aspire can automatically schedule content sources to be crawled on a set schedule, such as once a day, several times a week, or periodically (every N minutes or hours).For the purposes of this tutorial, you may want to select Manually and then set up a regular crawling schedule later.
- Click on the Action pull-down list to select one of the following: Start, Stop, Pause, or Resume.
- This is the action that will be performed for that specific schedule.
- Click on the Crawl pull-down list and select an option such as: Incremental, Full, Real Time, or Cache Groups.
- This will be the type of crawl to execute for that specific schedule.
After selecting a Scheduled, specify the details, if applicable:
- Manually: No additional options.
- Periodically: Specify the "Run every:" options by entering the number of "hours" and "minutes."
- Daily: Specify the "Start time:" by clicking on the hours and minutes drop-down lists and selecting options.
- Weekly: Specify the "Start time:" by clicking on the hours and minutes drop-down lists and selecting options, then clicking on the day checkboxes to specify days of the week to run the crawl.
- Advanced: Enter a custom CRON Expression (e.g. 0 0 0 ? * *)
You can add more schedules by clicking in the Add New option, and rearrange the order of the schedules.
If you want to disable the content source just unselect the the "Enable" checkbox. This is useful if the folder will be under maintenance and no crawls are wanted during that period of time.
Real Time and Cache Groups crawl will be available depending of the connector.