Aspire 3.3 includes significant enhancements with this new version.
Note: This version requires MongoDB or HBASE to be installed along with Aspire depending on the client’s environment.
An important new feature is the release of a Google Cloud Search (GCS) publisher. (You can read a blog post about it here).
Other enhancements include:
- New Headless browser for rending and then crawling dynamically generated (JavasScript) pages now available
- Numerous security improvements (MongoDB SCRAM authentication, logging of IP addresses, hashed IDs in the MongoDB crawl database, faster entitlements checking)
- UI improvements (refresh of entitled components, crawl DB provider information)
- Connector improvements (IBM Connections, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Online)
- Publisher improvements (Elasticsearch case sensitive index names, HBase publisher, StageR publisher)
- Other improvements (time zone normalization, Job Usage, ExtractText default configuration limits)
- 75+ additional bug fixes across the board
You can refer to the Release Notes for information on bug fixes and enhancements addressed in this version.
Migrating from Aspire 3.x
When importing a content source from 3.x into 3.3, the following error may occur. The content source may show up with a red "Failed" status.
This could happen because Aspire 3.3 connectors contain configuration options that the "content source to import" lack. To fix this error:
- Click on the content source to access the Configuration page.
- Click Save and Done.
Aspire generates the new options and saves them into the configuration files.