Version of Documentum required
The Aspire Documentum connector was created and tested using Documentum Developer's Edition 6.6.
Before installing the Documentum connector, make sure that:
- Documentum is up and running
- You have a Documentum client login with superuser permissions to crawl documents for indexing.
- You have the Documentum dfc.properties file from the Documentum Server installation and the corresponding dfc.keystore file. These files are required in the server where Aspire is installed.
User Account Requirements
In order to access Documentum an user account with superuser permissions must be supplied. It is recommended the account be the site administrator.t
Windows or Linux
The Aspire Documentum Connector can run on either Windows or Linux. It uses web services over HTTP to communicate with Documentum.
Documentum web services used are:
- Documentum Docbase Service
- Documentum Docbroker Service
- Documentum Java Method Server
- Documentum Master Service
These services should be started and running automatically if Documentum is up and running. These are required for the Aspire Documentum Connector to successfully connect with the Documentum docbase that you want to index.