On this page:
Version of IBM Connections required
The Aspire IBM Connections connector was created and tested using version 4.5, 5.0 and 5,5.
Before installing the IBM Connections connector, make sure that:
- IBM Connections is up and running.
- If your site (IBM Connections site) has security (https), you will need the certificate file to import it to a keystore file. You will need the user/password login later, as well as the keystore file path and it's password (pass1234), as part of installing the IBM Connections Connector.
keytool -import -alias ibm -file ihs.cer -keystore mycerts -storepass pass1234
User Account Requirements
In order to access IBM Connections an user account with sufficient privileges must be supplied. You need an IBM Connections user login with search-admin and dsx-admin roles to crawl documents for all available applications, and the user must has login rights. The search-admin and dsx-admin J2EE roles are used by each IBM Connections application for securing access to seedlists, users, groups, and search engines. The search-admin role is populated by default with the IBM Connections administrator user account that was provided to the IBM Connections installation wizard.
Assigning people to roles
To assign a person or group to a role, complete the following steps:
- From the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, expand Applications -> Application Types, and then select WebSphere enterprise applications. Find and click the link to the application that you want to configure.
- Click Security role to user/group mapping. Find the role that want to add users to.
- Select the check box beside the role that you want to assign, and then click Map users or Map groups.
- In the Search String box, type the name of the person or group that you would like to assign to this role, and then click Search. If the user or group exists in the directory, it is found and displayed in the Available list.
- Select the user or group name from the Available box, and then move it into the Selected column by clicking the right arrow button.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to add more users to the role.
- Click OK.
- To map a user or group to a different role for another application, repeat steps 1–7.
- After making your changes, click OK, and then click Save to save them.
- Synchronize and restart all your WebSphere Application Server instances.
Windows or Linux
The IBM Connections connector run on either Windows or Linux.