Review the prerequisites for using Salesforce Connector.
On this page:
Version of Salesforce required
The Aspire Salesforce connector was created and tested using Summer '16 (version 37)..
Before installing the Salesforce connector, make sure that:
- Salesforce is up and running
User Account Requirements
In order to access Salesforce an user account with sufficient privileges must be supplied. It is recommended the account be the site administrator.
Before installing the Aspire Salesforce Connector, make sure that:
- Your Salesforce user must have the API Enabled System Permission.
- You have a Salesforce user Security Token (please view Security Token Information)
- You have a SalesForce Enterprise WSDL (please view WSDL Information)
- If you are going to crawl the Chatter Activity, make sure that:
You will need all those credentials later, as part of installing the Salesforce Connector.
To use the TYPEOF statements in the sQueries.xml file, you need to enable this feature in your Salesforce instance.
Windows or Linux
The Aspire SalesForce connector can run on either Windows or Linux. It uses the SOAP/REST API over HTTP or HTTPS to communicate with SalesForce.
SalesForce Connector use the following web services:
- REST API v37.0
- SOAP API v37.0